4.18.2010

Soap vs. Heaven: why I choose the latter.

To tell the truth, I once loathed cilantro. To tell the full truth, I lived over half of my life not really knowing anything about cilantro. Blasphemy, to be sure. I have a distinct memory of the first time I tasted the herb... it was in a white bean chili (which had all the signs of being delicious) at what is now, a favorite neighborhood coffee shop. I was in college and let me tell you, that meal was, capital R, ruined. From that moment on, I deemed it "gross" and never really gave it further thought. Silly youth.

I wish I could remember exactly the moment I came to love cilantro. Because I do, with all my heart. On almost any dish, I think "this would be so much better with cilantro." Not to mention the billion other herbs I was able to ogle today at a local nursery. Alas, now I have my very own little garden of love sitting right outside my door.

L-R: Cilantro, Chives, Parsley, Dill, Basil, Oregano & Rosemary (np: Mint).

I think we are officially domesticated now. There are talks of a "vegetable garden" next year and my heart pitter patters at the very thought. I have always been a large proponent of the little things in life. They are truly what make this world go round. And this mouth water.

.♥. Crigsy

No comments:

Post a Comment