4.11.2010

I am a culinary genius

see above

I am newly Vegan (eating a Vegan diet, that is). On the 18th of April, it will be 2 months now. Today, I made "cheese" quesadillas and they were delicious. And I rejoiced. Also, sweet potatoes are my favorite favorite thing on the planet to eat. I love them just about any way you can cook them. The ones above are from Alicia Silverstone's book The Kind Diet (secret: I subbed cilantro for the parsley in the recipe. Cilantro is also my favorite favorite). I love her book, I love being Vegan and how amazing it has made me feel. But really, on the 54th day, I.made.quesadillas

And it was good.

.♥. Crigsy

2 comments:

  1. What did you use for cheese? We haven't really found a substitute we like yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Veggie Shreds. Got them at Kroger. It is a shredded "cheddar" cheese. But they do contain soy. I also like Rice Shreds (found at Whole Foods), but they contain a tiny smidge of casein. There is a new shreddy cheese people are going nuts over called... Daiya(or something similar) that I just saw at WF but have not tried. And it is soy and dairy free.

    Any of the Vegan cheddar cheese blocks we've tried... have tasted and smelled like feet. And not in the good, smelly cheese way. Ick!

    ReplyDelete